New Residential Customers
Con Edison is offering a FREE smart thermostat that you can control from your smartphone or computer. Plus, receive a $25 thank you gift when you enroll. This thermostat will allow you to adjust the temperature manually or remotely online from your smartphone or computer with our user-friendly app, helping you save money, save energy, and stay comfortable whether you’re at home or on the go.
- You get a free Honeywell smart thermostat (valued at $300*) and we'll handle the installations, at no cost to you
- Residential or residential religious-rate customers will receive a thank you gift of $25 after the thermostat is installed
- Manage your energy usage to fit your lifestyle
- Program your thermostat using the internet or your smartphone
- Help to ensure reliable power to you and your community
- Help reduce air pollution
- Delay need for costly power delivery system upgrades
Did you know your thermostat controls the largest portion of your energy bill? Using our app to control your smart thermostat it is easy to take advantage of the programming features that maximize the efficiency of your central air-conditioning system - saving you money on monthly energy costs. Smart thermostats also allow Con Edison to remotely adjust the amount of electricity your central air-conditioning system uses to help reduce the demand for energy. A signal is sent through the internet using your Wi-Fi network to communicate with your central air-conditioning thermostat and will cycle your unit's compressor on and off to reduce demand on our electric system. Your fan will continue to operate and circulate air.
How the Program Works
To help reduce energy use during times of high demand, Con Edison may remotely adjust the amount of electricity your central A/C system uses. Remember, you are in control and can always override our brief adjustments with the touch of a button.
Eligibility and Requirements
- Con Edison residential and religious-rate customers with central air-conditioning
- Central Air Conditioning
Still have questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or give us a call at (866) 521-8600. For more information about the Con Edison Central Air-Conditioning Program, read through the Con Edison Service Classification Rider L.
The attached tariff leaves may not reflect the most recent tariff changes approved by the New York State Public Service Commission.
*Based on the estimated cost of one VisionPRO™ thermostat and installation.